Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How Do I Setup PS3 Online Gaming?

Ok.. So i got a PS3 yesterday and i tryed to setup online gaming. I took the ethernet wire from my PC and plugged it into the PS3, so the ethernet wire went from the cable modem to the PS3. I then waited a few minutes and went to friends on the PS3 menu, i then pressed sign up for playstation network. It said please wait for a few seconds and then told me to check my settings, so i checked my settings and everything seemed ok. I then done what it told me to do in the PS3 manual, and it still dident work.I do not have a router or anything like that, i'm with virgin media and have a wired internet connection.





What am i doing wrong and how do i get it too work?





Please explain in GREAT detail.How Do I Setup PS3 Online Gaming?
In Network settings have you selected wired internet connection and set up everything correctly.


I personally do not have virgin internet connection but I have PS3 and a friend with a PS3 and virgin internet and all he had to do was plug in an ethernet cable ,select wired connection and follow on-screen instructions.


If this does not work contact either Sony or your internet provider.


Still if you can't find the problem then try signing up for PSN on a PC or get a new ethernet cable.How Do I Setup PS3 Online Gaming?
If you want to get on using Wired Connection (you have an ethernet cable connected either to your cable modem or connected to a router which is connected to your cable modem),





Just go into settings, all the way down to network stettings, click on set up internet connection, and then click wired. Follow the onscreen instructions by clicking, next, next, until you click finish. You should be fine then and your ps3 will be online.





If you want to get on using wireless, meaning you ahve a wireless router connected to your modem, then you can go a head and go into settings, network settings, set up internet connection, and click on ';Wireless';. Follow the onscreen instructions by clicking next. If you have a encryption on your router, you can go ahead and type in the password so your PS3 can connect to the router.





Click on finish to complete network set up and test the internet connection

No comments:

Post a Comment