Friday, August 20, 2010

PS3 keep disconnect my internet connection?

Just got the 40gb version of PS3. Everytime when I tried to play online, PS3 would say it can't connect to the net (with a DNS problem error message.) After a little pinpointing, turns out the connection to the net got cut off on the router (Linksys WRT54G.) Can't reconnect by just pressing that 'reconnect' button but have to unplug the router. I am using the wireless connection, btw. It is really annoying as it also cut off the PC's connection to the net. Anyone has suggestion on how to get this fix? Thanks.PS3 keep disconnect my internet connection?
i had that same problem with that router a before i got my new one, what u do is, type in 192.168.1.1, then click wireless setting section, then make up a network name, then make your broadcasting invisible/hidden.


then go into ur ps3 network setting, and then type in ur networks name. that should do the trick





good luckPS3 keep disconnect my internet connection?
Check your connection and see if it is NAT type 3..this is a bad connection and will ruin your online experience..also make sure your router has UPnP enabled..type in the IP (usually 192.168.1.1) into the URL and use 'admin' and 'password' to log in unless you changed it of course...you have a regular G router...it doesn't have very high speed and can't handle heavy internet usage..this could also be the problem...you may want to look into purchasing a better router like this http://www.netgear.com/Products/Routersa鈥?/a>





It has double the speed and handles serious net usage (I just got it last week and it is about 20x better than my old G router)..
I guess it depends on how far away your wireless is. Try moving it closer to your PS3, and see if your connection becomes stronger. This happened with my friend, and this is what he tried, and it worked.
I keep my internet connection at least above 60% (which is displayed in the 'internet connection test') I get the error occasionally, maybe once a week.... no biggie....

No comments:

Post a Comment